The vents in your dryer are one of the main places in your home where lint and other particles gather. It’s also one of the leading causes of house fires. This is why it’s so important that you clean your lint filter after every load of laundry. Dryers can put off a lot of heat, and lint can be extremely flammable. But besides the lint filter, lint can gather in places of your dryer system that most homeowners can’t reach. At Scenic City Heating & AC, we offer dryer vent cleaning service to make sure that your dryer is clean, lint-free, and your Chattanooga, TN residence safe for you and your friends and family.
Another area of your home that can easily get clogged with dust and debris is your ductwork. Be sure to ask about our air duct cleaning service today!
What Does a Dryer Vent Cleaning Service Include?
Many homeowners don’t think about scheduling a dryer vent cleaning service for their appliance and because of this, you may not even know what a cleaning of your dryer vents includes. But the following list should help demystify the process for you:
- A technician will pull the dryer away from the wall and disconnect the dryer vent hose.
- Next, they will clean the lint from the dryer as much as possible without disassembling the unit.
- They will replace or clean the flexible dryer vent hoses.
- Next, they will clean the dryer vent all the way to the exterior termination point.
- They will use a video camera scope to make sure the entire length has been suitably cleaned.
- They’ll remove any stray lint from around the dryer in the laundry area.
- And finally, they’ll reconnect the dryer vent and confirm everything is working well.
At Scenic City Heating & AC, we offer dryer vent cleaning services when you need them most. If you’re worried about the cost, just remember a house fire is more expensive than cleaning your dryer, and much more dangerous, too.
How Often Should You Schedule Dryer Vent Cleaning?
If you’re wondering what you can do as a homeowner to keep your dryer safe to use on a regular basis, the good news is there actually is a lot of maintenance steps available for the average homeowner. Some of the things you can do to keep your dryer well-maintained and safe can include:
- Clean the lint filter after each load of laundry, and scrub it with a nylon brush every 6 months or so.
- Put a cover on the outside wall dampers to keep out debris, rain, and dirt.
- If you have a gas-powered dryer, have it inspected annually to make sure it’s free of leaks.
- Clear the outside vent of any debris or small animal nests.
- Keep the area around the dryer free of any items that could burn
- And if you’re going to be away from your home for an extended period of time, consider unplugging or disconnecting your dryer.
Following these steps are an easy way you, as a homeowner, can keep your dryer working at its best. It will also decrease the chances of a house fire and extend the life of your appliance as well.
Concerned about the air quality in your home? We offer AC filter replacement service to make maintenance and cleaner air as simple as possible.
Call Us Today!
At Scenic City Heating & AC, we’re dedicated to our customers. We understand the importance of a properly cleaned dryer vent and take the time to give expert services in order to limit the risk of house fires. Best of all, we always take the time to listen to your needs, scheduling your dryer vent cleaning service at a convenient time and schedule that will accommodate the best performance in your home!