The level of humidity in your home is an often overlooked aspect, but humidity can have as much, or even more, bearing on comfort than how hot or cold your home is. Too little moisture in the air can cause problems with your appliances as well as furniture, flooring, and allergens, and personal discomfort so it may be worth considering a whole-house humidifier installation. At Scenic City Heating, AC & Plumbing, we’re humidifier experts and have been serving the Chattanooga, TN area for 20 years. From new system installations to humidifier repair services, our HVAC service company is here to help.
Is there too much humidity in your home? We also offer dehumidifier installation to help prevent damage caused by excess moisture.
What Are the Benefits of a Humidifier?
In some cases, your humidity needs can be met with a small, localized humidifier. But personal humidifiers can’t keep up with more than a small space, so if you have dry air throughout your home, it may be worth considering adding a whole-house humidifier. Adding humidity to the air in your residence can come with a lot of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Relieving irritated sinuses.
- Cutting down on excessive snoring.
- Stopping sore throats caused by dryness.
- Reducing cracked lips and dry skin.
- Increasing the health of any indoor plants.
At Scenic City Heating, AC & Plumbing, we offer humidifier installation services when you need them most. If you’re tired of feeling uncomfortable in your home due to the dry winter air, then consider adding a whole-home humidifier.
Maintenance is Key
Like any appliance, whether small or large, maintenance is a key concern for keeping the system running at peak performance as well as limiting breakdowns and extending the life of the appliance. Whole-house humidifiers are no different. Luckily, routine maintenance for a whole-house dehumidifier is something that can be scheduled in advance with our expert staff and will include tasks such as:
- Inspect the water evaporator pad. The evaporator pad can become clogged with minerals and deposits, which can put a strain on the humidifier.
- Inspect the blower motor. The motor has a limited lifespan and can break down after extended use. But the blower motor can easily be replaced by a professional.
- Check the inlet valve. Inlet valves can sometimes become clogged or stuck, which reduces the amount of water the humidifier can access. This means the humidifier will produce less moisture.
The number one thing you can do to keep your system healthy is continually replacing the filter. The filter prevents allergens and particles from traveling into the humidifier and putting a strain on the appliance. Keeping it clean will allow your humidifier to work at its best.
Keep the rest of your HVAC system in good shape with our routine air conditioner maintenance service. Talk to our staff today to learn more about our membership plans.
Call Us Today!
At Scenic City Heating, AC & Plumbing, we’re dedicated to our customers. We understand the importance of a properly working humidifier and take the time to give expert repairs, maintenance, and installations. We also offer upfront pricing so you’re never caught by surprise.