Whether it’s a dripping faucet or a toilet that won’t flush, it’s good to know that you have a residential plumbing contractor like Scenic Heating, AC & Plumbing in Chattanooga and the greater metropolitan area. Our motto is, “Do every job right! Treat every customer right.” We’ve provided the residents of this area with top-notch plumbing installation and repair for over 20 years. The next time you need a plumbing company you can count on to do the job right the first time, look to Scenic Heating, AC & Plumbing.
We offer the following plumbing services:
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Water Line Services
- Gas Leak Detection
- Gas Line Services
- Drain Cleaning
- Sewer Line Repair
- Sewer Video Inspection
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposal
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Backflow Testing & Repair
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Softeners
- Water Filtration Systems
If your water heater isn’t giving you the hot water it used to, call us and ask about our water heater services today.
Our Clogged Toilet Repair Service
When it comes to clogged toilets, our professional plumbers at Scenic Heating, AC & Plumbing have seen it all. If you have a toilet that won’t flush no matter what you do, it may be time to call in the professionals.
The good news about clogged toilets is that you can prevent most of these issues with a little common sense and care. Here are the most common causes of clogged toilets we run into.
Too Much Toilet Paper
Using too much toilet paper is probably the most common cause of clogged toilets, and it’s one that’s easy to remedy. If you’re one of those people who use more than the normal amount of toilet paper when you use the bathroom, try doing a double flush to avoid waste backup. Flush the toilet once to eliminate waste, then flush again to get rid of the toilet paper. When you try and force everything down the drain at once, it’s easy to cause a clog.
Another thing to try is to fold the toilet paper instead of crumpling it into a ball. Folding the toilet paper makes it less likely it will get trapped in the drain.
Lastly, consider switching to higher-quality toilet paper so you’ll use less.
Flushing Non-Flushable Items
The only things you should flush down the toilet are human waste and toilet paper. Don’t flush things like paper towels, tissues, feminine hygiene products, or even those ‘flushable’ personal wipes. All of these items are known to cause clogs, so put them into the trash instead.
Another common cause of toilet clogs is when you accidentally flush a foreign object down the toilet such as toothbrushes, jewelry, toys, and other bathroom objects. If you accidentally drop something into the toilet, put on a pair of rubber gloves and try to retrieve it. If it’s gotten too far into the drain, call a plumbing company to get it out before you use the toilet again.
While you can fix most clogged toilets with a plunger, for those stubborn clogs, it’s best to call a plumbing company for help.
How to Know You Need Water Line Repair
It’s doubtful that any Chattanooga homeowner ever thinks twice about their sewer line or main water line until there’s a problem. However, regardless of how old your pipes are, eventually, you’ll have to replace them as they wear down. Here are a few signs that you need to call a residential plumbing company for water line repair or replacement.
- Low Water Pressure If you notice a reduction in your home’s water pressure, it could be that you have a leaking or blocked water line. Call our experienced repair technicians to perform a sewer video inspection to find out precisely what’s going on in your plumbing.
- Puddles in the Lawn If you see water pooling in your yard despite not having any precipitation, it could be that you have a leak in your main water line. However, if the ground is absorbing all the water from a leak, overly lush patches in your yard are also a good indication that something is wrong.
- Gurgling Sounds Another sign of a problem in your main water line is hearing gurgling sounds coming from your toilet when you turn on the sink.
- Discolored Water The water coming out of your fixtures should be odorless and colorless, so if you notice that your water is brown for a few seconds after turning on the spigot, it may point to a corroded water line.
While you may take pride in fixing things around the house yourself, it takes a professional to diagnose and repair main water line problems. Call Scenic City Heating & AC if you notice any of the water line problems above.
Besides water line services, we also provide a comprehensive list of gas line services for Chattanooga residents and beyond.
Why Choose Us
Here at Scenic City Heating & AC, we have a dedicated team of professional technicians ready to serve you when you need a reliable residential plumbing company. Every one of our technicians is employed directly by us, and we never rely on sub-contractors, so you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re dealing with a single, local company.
We’ve served the greater Chattanooga residents since 2000, and when you work with us, you get:
- Live agents -- We never send you to voicemail!
- Trusted technicians that are thoroughly background checked and drug tested for your safety.
- No mess! We respect your home and make sure to leave it cleaner than we found it.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee. We’re not satisfied until you are.