Problems with your main water line can wreak havoc throughout your entire home’s plumbing system. Main water line repair requires the skill and training of a professional, which is why many Chattanooga residents trust the experts at Scenic City Heating & AC. Call us today for all of your residential plumbing needs.
When you have a stubborn drain clog, you can depend on us and our thourhough drain cleaning to get your pipes free-flowing again.
5 Signs You Need Main Water Line Replacement
If you have plumbing problems throughout your house, it may not be a single pipe that’s to blame, instead, it maybe the main water line. Here are 5 signs that you may have issues with your water line that require repair or replacement.
- Puddles in the Yard — If you notice puddles in your yard and you’ve not had significant precipitation, it could be the main water line that’s leaking. And, even if the ground is absorbing most of the moisture, you may notice overly lush patches of lawn that indicate a water line leak.
- Sudden Decrease in Water Pressure — If you typically have decent water pressure, but suddenly notice a decrease throughout the house, it could be a blockage or leak in the main water line.
- Foundation Cracks — When moisture is constantly present around your foundation, it will eventually cause damage as concrete absorbs water. Periodically check your foundation and see if there are more cracks than normal and call for an assessment if you notice anything out of the ordinary.
- Sudden Increase in Water Bills — If your water usage remains consistent, you know approximately what to expect to pay for water every month. So, if you see a sudden spike in your water bill, it could be that you have a leaking underground main water line.
- Strange Gurgling Sounds — Gurgling sounds coming from the toilets when you turn on the sink or vice versa usually signal that you have a problem with your main water line.
If you notice any of these issues or any other out of the ordinary problems with your plumbing, call the expert technicians at Scenic City Heating & AC immediately.
Common Causes of Water Line Problems
Think about your home’s plumbing as its circulatory system, which means that a blockage or burst in one area can affect the entire system. While main water lines typically work without incident for many years, there are situations that can cause damage and wreak havoc to your entire plumbing system.
One factor that causes water line damage is poor installation. If the contractor didn’t pay attention to what they were doing, or rushed the installation, it can cause the waterline to fail prematurely.
Another problem some Chattanooga homeowners must deal with is the freezing and thawing of pipes. When pipes aren’t buried deep enough, they’re prone to freezing and thawing, which weakens them and leads to leaks and bursts.
Lastly, soil shifting is another primary cause of main water line problems. While most of us assume that the ground remains more or less the same after pipelines are installed, sometimes tectonic plates shift or tree roots cause soil movement, which can lead to broken pipes.
Whatever your plumbing problem, you can trust Scenic City Heating & AC for all of your residential plumbing needs.
Our Main Water Line Services
When you need main water line repair, it’s crucial that you have a plumbing company you can depend on to do the job right the first time. If you hire a contractor that doesn’t care to do a proper job, it’s likely you’ll have water line problems again sooner than you expect.
At Scenic City Heating & AC, we have more than 20 decades of water line repair and replacement experience. Our technicians employ the latest diagnostic technologies to pinpoint the problem quickly to devise a custom solution for you.