As technology keeps getting better and more evolved, our HVAC technology is as well. Currently, one of the more popular additions to a home’s HVAC system is a smart thermostat. A smart thermostat can allow a homeowner to control the settings of their home’s temperature from the convenience of their smartphones. You don’t have to be in the same room, or even in the house itself to keep your home comfortable. At Scenic City Heating, AC & Plumbing, we’re your Chattanooga, TN thermostat experts and have been serving the area since 2000.
Want to get your home ready for winter? Schedule your furnace tune-up today and know your system is running in top shape.
Should You Upgrade Your Thermostat?
New technology can sometimes make homeowners nervous. It can be scary to try new things, especially when older thermostats are tried and true analog or digital appliances that work just fine. But there are some benefits to upgrading your home to a smart thermostat, including:
- Utility bill cost savings
- Automatic temperature adjustments
- Fewer HVAC repairs
- Extended HVAC appliance lifespan
- More eco-friendly
This is only a small list of some of the ways a smart thermostat can make your home’s HVAC system work at it’s best. Smart thermostats can learn what kind of settings you prefer in your home and therefore remove the hassle of always adjusting the temperature. They can even adjust to the outside temperatures as well, making them an excellent choice for the Chattanooga residents who are interested in limiting their carbon footprint.
Signs it May Be Time for a New Thermostat
Unless your thermostat breaks down completely, changing out a thermostat is something many homeowners never bother with. As long as it works, why mess with it? But there are some signs to be aware of when it comes to that tiny appliance. The below items may tell you that your thermostat is facing an issue, to that it’s time to purchase and install a new one:
- No Response: If your thermostat isn’t responding to your changes or adjustments, it might be the thermostat itself. If it runs on batteries, try changing them first to see if that resolves the issue.
- Uneven Temperatures: Sometimes when a thermostat is broken, it turns the AC unit or heater on and off when you haven’t asked it to. Uneven temperatures in your home may be a sign that this is happening.
- HVAC Won’t Turn On: If you’ve set your temperature on your thermostat and your heater or AC unit doesn’t power on, it might be due to a problem with your thermostat.
- HVAC Won’t Turn Off: And if you change the settings on your thermostat but your air conditioner or heater just keeps on running, there could be a problem.
If you’re experiencing any of the above issues, it may be time for a new thermostat. Scenic City Heating, AC & Plumbing are your local thermostat experts and can help find the best thermostat option for your home.
Looking for additional ways to make your home comfortable? Be sure to ask about our air cleaner and filtration options as a way to keep your air clean and healthy!
Why Rely on a Professional?
While it may seem that installing a new thermostat is something that any homeowner can tackle on their own, improperly installing or repairing a thermostat can lead to problems down the road, such as additional strain on your HVAC system, shortening the lifespan of your appliances, and higher utility costs.
This is why it’s important to rely on a professional you can trust. At Scenic City Heating, AC & Plumbing, we have 20 years of HVAC experience and can inspect your home and offer you a variety of thermostat options that will meet your needs. We make sure that every job is done right!