A properly working air conditioner can provide your home with the comfort that’s needed during the hot Chattanooga, TN summers. But like any appliance, it can face breakdowns and a variety of other problems, too. Knowing what to look for, and when to replace your air conditioner, can save you stress, time, and money. Luckily, Scenic City Heating & AC is your reliable air conditioning service company. We’re your local experts and can help you with all your cooling needs.
Air conditioning solutions we offer:
- Emergency Air Conditioning Repairs
- Air Conditioning Repair and Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Refrigerant Leak Repair
- Heat Pump Services
- AC Filter Replacements
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Ductwork Repair and Installation
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
- New Construction
- Commercial HVAC
Have an air conditioning emergency? We offer 24/7 emergency repair services and are there when you need us most!
What Are Some Common AC Problems?
With air conditioning units, it can sometimes be hard to know whether a problem its experiencing is a one-off instance or a more common problem seen regularly with AC units. The following information can help educate you with some of the more usual ways that an air conditioning unit may break down so you’ll have a better understanding of problems you may face in the future:
- No Cold Air: If you find that your AC unit is not producing cold air, even when the thermostat is turned to the lowest setting, it may be a sign of an issue. Intermittent cooling or a complete lack of cool air is a sign that your system most likely needs to be serviced by experts.
- Low Airflow: If you find that you have cold air, but that the air itself isn’t blowing very well through your vents, this could cause your AC system to work harder in an attempt to keep your home cool. This may cause you to see a steady increase in your monthly utility bills as well as possibly damage your AC unit.
- Fluctuating Temperature: If you find that some areas of your home are warmer than others it could be a sign that your thermostat is malfunctioning and may need repair.
- Excess Moisture: When you find moisture leaking around the air conditioner unit, it may be a sign the drain tube is blocked or broken. Refrigerant can also leak, which can lead to a number of health problems and concerns, so take care not to ignore any excess moisture.
If you’re planning on repairing your air conditioner, it’s always best to work with an expert. At Scenic City Heating & AC, our air conditioning repair contractors can diagnose your problems and ensure a hassle-free experience.
Working With Your Window AC Units
Some houses, especially older ones, may be difficult to add central air due to complicated or completely lacking ductwork. In these cases, sometimes installing a window air conditioner may be a temporary or more permanent solution to hot summer temperatures.
If you’ve ever wondered whether a window AC unit is a worthy purchase, the below information may help educate you:
- Power Level: Even smaller window AC units can easily cool a room or multiple rooms if positioned correctly. It can also save you energy by only cooling spaces you’re currently inhabiting instead of your entire home.
- Easy Installation: Most window AC units are easy enough to install, either in an existing window or even a wall hole if you want more permanent placement. With some simple regular triangle brackets, you can conveniently mount an AC unit in your home.
- Affordability: Because there are a variety of window AC models, you can find one that works for almost any size window, home, or space.
- No Ductwork Needed: Window units exchange hot air for cold air and any water that drains from the unit drains to the exterior, making it a good choice for homes without ductwork.
- Aesthetic Issues: Even the most modern window AC units can tend to be an eyesore, both in the interior of the home, and the exterior.
- Security Risks: Window AC units can present a security risk, no matter how well they’re installed.
- Safety Risks: Not all windows can support a window AC unit, and if the unit is lacking exterior support, it can fall, causing damage or even injury.
If you’re planning on installing a window AC unit, it’s always best to work with an expert. At Scenic City Heating & AC, our AC repair contractors can answer your questions and keep your home safe and cool.
The Benefits of Routine Maintenance
Air conditioners are one of the most used appliances in homes, especially during the hot Chattanooga, TN summer months. Which is why regular AC maintenance shouldn’t be ignored. With professional maintenance, you’ll lower the chances of emergency repairs and improve the performance of your system. Not only that, proper maintenance can lead to cost savings.
Maintenance can also mean better indoor air quality, quieter operation, and more powerful airflow in your residence. An AC system that is in good working order will help keep your home, and your friends and family safe while saving you money. Regular maintenance can be as simple as replacing an air filter, or something more complex with an expertly trained AC technician at your side.
We are your expert cooling professionals. Be sure to ask about our annual AC maintenance plans and enjoy some peace of mind in your home.
Why Choose Us?
At Scenic City Heating & AC, we work with your needs in mind. If your AC needs repairs or you think it’s time for a new air conditioner, we can provide you with a variety of air conditioning repair and installation options. We work with the highest quality appliances and components, so you know you’re always getting the best care in your home.