It can be easy to overlook or even forget about air quality in your home, but air quality has a lot to do with the comfort inside your residence, including your health and safety. At Scenic City Heating & AC, we take your indoor air quality as a serious matter. We can offer consultations about how to improve your air quality, and even repair or upgrade your existing appliances in your Chattanooga area home. We’re your local HVAC experts here to help you with your air quality needs.
We are proud to offer these air quality solutions:
- Filter Replacements
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Ductwork Repair and Installation
- Air Cleaners & Filtration
- Heat Recovery Ventilator
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
Looking for simple ways to make a difference with your indoor air quality? Be sure to ask about our air duct cleaning service.
The Importance of Air Quality
Normally when we consider pollution, we often think about what’s in the outside environment, but there are often pollutants inside our homes as well, and they should be of concern. Pollutants in the home can be everything from pollen, dust, and dander to even gases like smoke, radon, and carbon monoxide.
Poor indoor air quality can lead to problems including:
- Eye, nose, throat irritation
- Higher chance of illness
- Respiratory infections
- Even higher chances of cancer in some cases
Having better air quality in your home can not only increase your health and safety it can also keep you and your friends and family more comfortable and happy in your home.
Where Does Poor Air Quality Come From?
Poor air quality can exist in almost any Chattanooga, TN residence, from older homes to ones just built. And sometimes it has to do with the quality of your outdoor air, which then affects the quality inside.
Some of the more common reasons for poor indoor air quality can include:
- Old or Broken Appliances: if you’ve been having issues with your furnace, or if your air conditioner is so old it’s constantly breaking down, this can lower the quality of air in your home.
- Dirty Air Ducts: If your air ducts haven’t been cleaned in a while, it can lead to dirty air, which can then lead to problems such as allergy issues. Luckily, this can be solved with air duct cleaning services.
- High Humidity: Humidity leads to an excellent environment for mold to grow, and mold is leading allergen. Consider adding a dehumidifier so you can limit humidity levels and improve your home’s comfort.
- Poor Air Circulation: Air that doesn’t circulate becomes stagnant, which can lead to mold and mildew growth and a musty scent. A simple air filter replacement is a great way to improve air filtration and airflow and is something most homeowners can do on their own.
As you can see, many causes for poor indoor air quality can be easy to fix if you know what to be aware of. Be sure to schedule your furnace maintenance needs today!
Improve Your Air Quality
Our professional technicians work on improving indoor air quality every day. They’re experts on the subject and are happy to help in any way they can. Not only can we address any of your repair concerns, but we also offer upfront pricing so there are no surprises at the end.
At Scenic City Heating & AC, we have 20 years of HVAC experience. Whether you’re looking for a small improvement in your air quality or need a considerable appliance upgrade, you can count on our fully licensed and insured technicians to do every job right.