The average person spends a significant amount of money every year on the homeowner’s insurance policy; however, one thing many don’t consider is that your typical policy doesn’t cover sewer line repair or replacement. Too many people ignore minor sewer problems until they balloon into extensive, expensive repairs. At Scenic City Heating & AC, we offer expert diagnostic services to help keep your pipes free-flowing. And, when it comes the time that you need repair or replacement, you can count on our expert technicians to do the job right the first time. Contact us today to schedule service.
You can ensure the safety of your water by calling us and asking about our backflow testing service today.
Telltale Signs You need Main Sewer Line Replacement
The main cause of sewage backups is damage to the sewer line, and while many issues are preventable, the problem isn’t always evident until significant damage is done. However, there are signs that something’s wrong with your sewer line, and it’s best to call a professional for an inspection right away.
- Inconsistent Water Levels in Toilets — If you have a full bowl of water in your toilet one day and barely any the next, don’t brush it off as a curiosity because it could mean that you have a clog in your sewer system.
- Animals & Pests in the Yard — Have you noticed an increase in the rodents and other pests attracted to your yard? Think about why that is, and the answer could be an issue in your main sewer line.
- Foul Odors — You shouldn't smell sewer odor in the backyard, but if you do, it probably means that you have a sewage leak.
- Puddles — Water pooling in your yard apart from heavy precipitation could mean that you have a leaking underground pipe.
- Slow Drains — Whenever your drains are taking longer than usual to empty, it may mean that you have a blockage in the system.
- Gurgling Noises — Strange gurgling coming from the toilet when you turn on the sink or vice versa could mean that you need sewer main repair.
- Spiking Water Bill — If you notice that your water bill continues to rise even though your usage hasn’t changed, look to a leak in your main sewer pipe as a possible culprit.
Call Scenic City Heating & AC as soon as you notice any plumbing problems, and let our professionals use our state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to pinpoint the problem.
When It’s Better to Opt for Sewer Pipe Replacement versus Repair
Replacing a sewer line is an expensive investment in time, money, and inconvenience, so, understandably, Chattanooga homeowners would rather repair a broken pipe than replace it. However, sometimes replacement isn’t just the better option; it’s the only option.
So, when should you replace your sewer line?
One of the most telling signs that it’s best to replace your sewer line is the age. Depending on the type of material used during the pipe’s installation, it may have a shorter lifespan than something more recent. In general, clay pipes last about 50 years, cast iron lasts up to 70 and PVC can last indefinitely. So, if your home was constructed using clay or cast iron pipes, it’s better to replace them now because you’ll continue having problems if you just repair it.
Another thing to consider is the amount of damage your sewer line has sustained. If your pipes are riddled with tree roots all through the line, or if they’ve become damaged through soil shifting, or if they weren’t installed properly in the first place, you’ll most likely spend nearly as much on a repair as you would a replacement.
If you’re still on the fence about replacing versus repairing your damaged sewer line, call one of our experienced technicians at Scenic City Heating & AC.
Get better quality water throughout your house with one of our water filtration systems. Call today for more information.
At Scenic City Heating & AC, our motto is, “Do every job right! Treat every customer right!” And, more than just a motto, it’s been our way of doing business for over two decades. We’re a locally owned HVAC and plumbing company, which means we have to treat our customers right, because news of poor service spreads quickly in Chattanooga and the greater metropolitan area.
When you work with us, you get trusted technicians that are fully drug tested and background checked for you safety and peace of mind. You also get the benefit of working exclusively with us — we never use subcontractors, which means we have ultimate accountability to our customers.
Lastly, your satisfaction is our top priority, which is why we provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee.