Furnaces, like most heating systems in a home, are often complex and complicated appliances. And like most everything in life, it can have its own share of problems or issues. Oftentimes, routine maintenance and TLC can keep a furnace running well for years to come, but sometimes even the best-maintained furnace may need a repair. At Scenic City Heating & AC, you can count on us to provide your Chatanooga, TN home with dependable furnace solutions.
Worried your furnace may be too old to repair? Schedule a furnace replacement and upgrade your home today!
Signs You Need Furnace Repairs
It can be such a hassle when a furnace breaks down, especially if it happens in the middle of winter or the middle of the night. This is why it can be so important for homeowners to know the signs and symptoms of furnace problems. Early detection can often help prevent a small problem from turning into a larger one later. Some commons signs include:
- Change in The Pilot Light: Furnace pilot lights are a blue color so if you notice your pilot light has changed color to yellow or even green, that’s an emergency situation that needs to be addressed by a professional as soon as possible.
- No Heat: If your heating system is on and your thermostat set, but your house isn’t warming, it’s likely there’s a problem with your furnace.
- Poor Air Quality: Soot around your vents or a drop in your air quality is a sign of an issue with your furnace, so contact a professional.
These are some of the most common signs of furnace troubles, but any time you notice something strange, like unfamiliar noises or smells, don’t be afraid to contact Scenic City Heating & AC for a furnace diagnosis.
How a Damaged Furnace Impacts Your Home
Sometimes it might be tempting to put off a furnace repair. They can be expensive or maybe the weather has been mild enough that you don’t even need to use your furnace to keep your residence comfortable. But delaying a furnace repair can often cause further problems or even make things worse. A delayed repair can result in:
- Higher utility bills
- Fire hazards
- Lower air quality that leads to increased allergies and illnesses
- Water damages and soot damages in your home
- Carbon monoxide leaks and poisoning
- The scariest situation of all: a furnace explosion
While some of these issues may cause discomfort or increased costs, some of them threaten the health and safety of everyone in the house. So if you suspect your Chattanooga, TN furnace may need a repair, don't delay, contact our furnace contractors today!
Looking for an alternative for your heating needs? We also offer heat pump installation services.
Schedule Your Furnace Tune-Up Today!
If you want to keep your furnace running at its best, then perform and schedule routine furnace maintenance. It can be as easy as routinely changing the air filter on your system or having a technician come and annually service your furnace. Would you drive 86,000 miles in your car without an oil change? Because furnaces in Chattanooga run for an average of 1,300 hours per year, which would work out to almost 90,000 miles if you were driving at 65 mph in your car, it requires routine care to keep your system in top shape.
Proper maintenance will not only help limit expensive repairs in the future, but it can also extend the lifespan of your appliance and lower your energy costs. At Scenic City Heating & AC, we offer upfront pricing and use state of the art diagnostics to make sure we do every job right. We even offer routine maintenance plans to take all the hassle out of furnace care.