If you have hard water, you know how much it can wreak havoc with your appliances, fixtures, and clothes. Fortunately, you don’t have to suffer from all the aggravation caused by hard water. With a whole house water softener installation from Scenic City Heating & AC, you can enjoy better quality water for washing, cooking, and drinking.
When you have significant problems with your sewer line, contact us for effective main sewer line repair.
What Is Hard Water?
We’ve all heard the term hard water, but what does it mean, exactly? Hard water means the water has a high mineral content such as calcium and magnesium. It’s natural for these minerals to accumulate during the water cycle, and it’s common to find hard water in both city and well water supplies. While hard water is safe to drink, it leads to problems like ugly stains in your tubs and sinks, the reduced lifespan for appliances like dishwashers, washing machines, and coffee makers, and dull, faded clothes.
You can quickly tell if you have hard water by the white residue that builds up in appliances like your dishwasher and the spots left behind on glasses and silverware. Hard water also causes scale deposits to build up on fixtures like faucets, and it causes dry skin and flat hair because soap doesn’t lather or thoroughly rinse away.
Lastly, if left unchecked, hard water can leave behind deposits in your pipes leading to clogs.
Benefits of a Water Softener Installation
To improve the water quality in your home, it’s worth considering a whole house water softener. If you’ve never thought about installing one of these devices, check out the following benefits.
- Softer Skin and Hair Because soap doesn’t thoroughly lather in hard water, it leaves behind a residue on your skin and hair. Hair appears flat and lifeless, and soap residue dries out your skin. Also, because soap lathers better in soft water, you’ll use less to get clean, saving money.
- Less Scale Buildup If you’re sick of cleaning up soap scum and calcium deposits, a water softener solves these issues, so you spend less time and money cleaning.
- Fewer Stains on Dishes and Silverware Do you notice those annoying spots left behind on your dishes and cutlery after running them through the dishwasher? That’s because you have hard water, which leaves behind those unsightly stains. When you use a water softener, the water washes away cleanly and doesn’t leave behind those ugly spots.
- More Efficient Clothes Washing Since soap doesn’t fully dissolve, it gets stuck in the fibers of your clothes, which makes them feel stiff after they’ve dried. Also, the soap left behind in your clothes can cause premature fading, so switching to a whole house water softener keeps your clothes softer and longer-lasting.
- Protects Plumbing and Appliances The hard mineral buildup in your pipes and appliances reduces their lifespan, leading to damage and inefficiency. When you use a water softener, you reduce the amount of mineral buildup in your pipes, which means fewer clogs, and your appliances last longer as well.
To find out if a water softener installation is suitable for you, contact us for a consultation.
Our clogged toilet repair is guaranteed to remove the toughest clogs.
The Scenic City Heating & AC Advantage
You can hire plenty of plumbing contractors in the greater Chattanooga area, but few give you the level of service and expertise as Scenic City Heating & AC. Here are just a few of the many advantages you get when you work with us.
- Live agent whenever you call. We won’t send you to a voicemail or recording.
- Trusted technicians that are thoroughly background checked and drug tested for your safety and peace of mind.
- No mess left behind. We respect your home and ensure that we’ll leave it as clean or cleaner than when we started.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee. We’re not happy until you are.